Monday, December 14, 2015

Formula Analysis

Which theories seemed to best relate to your popular culture topic?

My popular culture topic is for this assignment is. Hip Hop There are many different theories that applied in a manner where the audience can relate it has a variety of different scenarios that apply to everyday life. You are able to really create your own input and visual of a story being told it doesn't necessarily have to be the content that fits your life exactly but in every song or lyric I think there is some truth to it.  

How do these theories describe, analyze or evaluate the topic you have selected?

In this particular topic so many different theories can take place depending on how you look at the subject manner. There are stereotypes, triumphs, victories. We can all relate to a story and I think that there are many different formulas that are inside of hip hop. There is a base of repetitive words, rhyming words and wordplay plenty of element that can be found in poetry. There is always a clever punch line or memorable moment in each song. 

How will you think of your popular culture topic differently based on your analysis? 

Before my topic and knowledge on hip hop culture I did not think of how the rap and gangsta rap had such a negative connotation on how other races and people perceived hip hop in general it challenged me to think about what or how was I contributing to the issue. I see how the formula of repetitive messages keep the same negative anti-black view up and running

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews