Thursday, November 19, 2015

Icon Analysis

Since I have regained new 'time on my hands'  I have been getting my fair share of Netflix and Hulu fix on. Constantly watching various documentaries, listening to different music and reading more eBooks that have been collecting dust on my iPad


The first icon is 'America's Most Wanted' it i a reality television show hosted by John Walsh, it showcased different crimes, missing children and criminals that needed to be found/captured.
As a child most young girls were playing with their dolls watching My Little Pony, Doug, just to name a few in my generation. I was patiently anticipating Saturday to come to watch John Walsh. It started around the age of 8. It became my weekend routine. The reason I was so intrigued to watch it is because Walsh's son was near my age and I found it to be so inspiring that he wanted justice and created a platform for it. It really was the only show of its kind for over 20 years it just recently a few years got cancelled.  It changed the way we were able to catch criminals and get justice for families that were seeking a resolution.






Even with this show being fairly American Horror Story is one of my favorite shows to watch. It has done something most series don't normally do. It has many different story-lines and using the same or select actor/actresses from the previous season. I think this show is extremely iconic each season tells a story that is captivating and thrilling.  This show believe it or not challenges my creativity and the way I think about writing. It allows you to tap into your imagination and use it farther than you would have imagined you could have. 

I chose Janelle Monae for my final icon she is an American Singer from Kansas she has worked with top artists such as Erykah Badu, Outkast even Prince. She has really created her own sound and style by being timeless and really being innovative. She is definitely a positive role model with music I would not mind my little sister or young family members listening to. I have all of her albums and I try to listen to her on a regular basis. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews